The University of Oxford China Centre is a new hub for various academic activities related to China at the University of Oxford, located on the premises of St Hugh's College in the magnificent Dickson Poon Building. By bringing together superb academics and researchers from a broad range of disciplines, the China Centre will foster innovative collaborative initiatives and ensure that Oxford's research on China produces even more substantial impact, both domestically and abroad.
- Kellogg College has elected Dr Jenny Chan (Lecturer of the Sociology of China) to a Junior Research Fellowship (2015-2018). Jenny, together with Kellogg Fellows, colleagues …Read More »
- Over two days, this interdisciplinary workshop organised by Jennifer Altehenger (King’s College London) and Sebastian Gehrig (University of Oxford) brought together historians and lawyers to discuss …Read More »
- The Fourth Oxford Graduate Conference on Contemporary China, which was funded by the University of Oxford China Centre and the Antonian Fund of St Antony’s …Read More »
- The Bodleian KB Chen China Centre Library recently subscribed to the Chinese local gazetteers database in a consortium with the Collège de France. The Chinese …Read More »
- Deutsche Bank, the leading client-centric global universal bank, has announced a major gift in support of the University of Oxford China Centre. The gift will …Read More »
- During recent commemorations of the 70th anniversary of the ending of World War II in Asia, Rana Mitter was invited to talk about China’s role …Read More »
- Ying Yu’s article on consumer protection law has been published by the People’s Court Daily. The article is about EU reform of consumer protection law …Read More »
- Maria Jaschok was interviewed by Bethany Allen for an article in Foreign Policy. The article is about ‘China: the Best and the Worst Place to …Read More »
- Rachel Murphy and her colleagues from Renmin University, Minhui Zhou and Ran Tao, have just published an article on the implications of parents’ rural-urban labour …Read More »
- The Royal United Services Institute is delighted to announce that the 2014 Duke of Westminster Medal for Military Literature has been awarded to Rana Mitter …Read More »
Sunday, 11 October, 09:00 - Saturday, 5 December, 17:00 at the China Centre
We’re preparing an exciting new programme of events for Michaelmas Term. Please check back for details nearer the time.